Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Sales order stock' has to hit inventory account at GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the completion of the following scenario:

. sales order to customer

. sales order item generates purchase requisition, which is converted into a purchase order

. goods are received in our stock, 'sales order stock'

. vendor invoice is posted to the purchase order

. delivery is created, goods issue is posted

. customer is billed.

The guy before me configured the whole thing and left, I have to complete it. From a logistical point of view it works fine: it all goes via 'sales order stock'. However from a financial point of view there are some things incorrect:

. the GR does not post against the regular inventory stock account (in the account assignment of the purchase order there is a GL account and the related sales order line item)

. the PGI does have any financial posting at all

What I have to establish is:

. with GR, material goes into sales order stock with regular financial posting (debit inventory, credit GR/IR)

.with PGI, material goes out of sales order stock, with financial posting: credit inventory, debit intermediate account (in the billing document the intermediate account is credited and the COGS account is debited).

Again from a logistical point of view it all looks okay, the financial side is bothering me . . .

Who can help me out?

thx

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to my last message. What item category are you using.

TAS is for third party, which works as I described. The GR does not post into sales order stock, but direct to cost of sales.

If you use TAB, then this is individual purchase order. In this case the GR should post to valuated sales order stock, as you expected. If you have other custom item category, then it depends on the configuration of that item category. You could compare it to the SAP standards TAB/TAS. You could also try to test in your test system using the SAP standard item categories. Also if you use material valuation with standard price, make sure the material has a price, or you will not get any posting.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP process.

Sales order stock is already assigned as sales, and as such isn't valuated as inventory. When you do the PGR, the postings are to credit GR/IR and to debit COGS. The PGI makes no posting as you already posted to COGS at GR.

Rgds

Richard