Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palletized Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 pallet = 100cases.

If I create 1000cases in the Sales Order, when creating the delivery, I would like to have it automatically add the Pallet material (calculated) .. based on the delivered cases.

Where can I maintain master data for material and pallets?

How to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the user already knows the conversion, then in the sales order itself they can enter in Pallets.

The only thing needed is maintaining conversion details in the material master -> additional data -> Unit of measure.

Do you see any other issue that can stop this method?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I'm referring to two different materials:

material A => Finished Goods e.g. 100cases

material B => Pallet 1pc

If I create delivery of material A at 100cases, I want material B added automatically and quantity at 1pc.

Can we have BOM activate in Delivery and not in Sales Order?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check OSS Note 546719 - FAQ: Delivery group and BOM in the delivery.

The fifth question in it reads;

5. Why does a BOM explosion not work within the delivery?

In principle, BOMs are copied from the order to the delivery 1:1. A BOM explosion in the delivery is not programmed.

So per standard, it looks you can't explode the BOM in delivery alone. Not sure any other modification or creating a new item category with proper copy controls from sales order category (VTLA) could help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thank you.

I have a question, if I maintain BOM, say 100cases = 1pc...

I create an Order, 200cases , the system will calculate I will need 2pcs on material B.

When I create a Delivery, and put 100cases, will the system automatically update material B to 1pc in the delivery or should I be changing it manually?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the BOM item is NOT checked as fixed quantity in the sales BOM (t.ocde CS02), then I assume the system should calculate. Please test.

Regards,