Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Name Writting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to write the receiver file name like test20091216.txt

I tried with Add Timestamp, but it is adding with time also which i dont require.

Here i want to say is iam not using any mapping to use Dynamic file name concept.

Please suggest me on this.

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 options:

1. Use variable substition

2. Use dynamic configuration

regards

sunil.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its working fine

Thanks Sarvesh for your support

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I want to write the receiver file name like test20091216.txt

>

> I tried with Add Timestamp, but it is adding with time also which i dont require.

Hi again,

But don't you think writing a name without timestamp can overwrite an existing file for the same day, so what is harm in adding the timestamp.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Per day one file only.

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, another solution could be writing an script to rename the file at target dir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Could you please let me know the script that does this process

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frankly speaking I don't know how to write an script because for me my basis consultant do this job. But I guess if we search on SDN or google then based on your operating system we can find one.

What is OS at target side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

iam not sure about the target FTP Server OS.

i have one thought here, the process is as follows....

ECC will generate a text file to XI Shared path, XI will pick up and deliver it to target FTP server path.

Now this is doing with out any mapping, we can't do Dynamic Config. t=in this case.

So my thought is i can ask ECC while writing the file with file name followed by date. EX: test20091216.txt

so that in XI, can i just use the sender file name to receiver file name???

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not very sure but I have red in some thread that if you are not using message mapping then just by creating data type and other required object for java mapping can rename the file. So java mapping can also be one of the solution.

So it seems there are other options available to rename the file.

hmmmm... "More you dig more you find" )

Regads,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

I think the only way is i have to define the FCC at sender and receiver to implement Dynamic File Config.

i will do one-one mapping between fields

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Sarvesh,

>

> iam not sure about the target FTP Server OS.

>

> i have one thought here, the process is as follows....

>

> ECC will generate a text file to XI Shared path, XI will pick up and deliver it to target FTP server path.

>

> Now this is doing with out any mapping, we can't do Dynamic Config. t=in this case.

>

> So my thought is i can ask ECC while writing the file with file name followed by date. EX: test20091216.txt

>

> so that in XI, can i just use the sender file name to receiver file name???

>

> REgards

Yes, if ECC can do this then problem solved. Just use ASMA setting in both sender and receiver adapter to write the same file name at receiver side.

There is ablog written by Michal, just search it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for this we dont require any Mapping . is it right??]

then i can ask ecc side to do that file name generation each time, and i will send the receiver file name as sender file name.

Ideal solution

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I think for this we dont require any Mapping . is it right??]

Yes, it is correct. You don't require any mapping.

> then i can ask ecc side to do that file name generation each time, and i will send the receiver file name as sender file name.

> Ideal solution

Yes that is the best solution for you.

BTW I found the blog, here it is... /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

In this blog an UDF has been used to show the file name in mapping. Since you don't require any mapping therefore don't go for that option. Just look the ASMA settings which will solve the problem...

In Receiver CC you may require to give a file name because it is a mandotary field, so just give some temp name.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Here i want to say is iam not using any mapping to use Dynamic file name concept.

One solution for this could be writing an adapter module. There could be more options too but I am not sure at this moment..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 options:

1. Use variable substition

2. Use dynamic configuration

regards

sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

To use the options told by you, we require mapping.

i didnt used any mapping, its just file to file transfer.

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok..

no mapping...

Do you have the date field in the target , if yes you can do a variable sub..

Next option...post processing scripts to rename the file.

regards

Sunil.