cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Value to Wonderware INSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm on Version 12.0.8 Build(24) and I need to set a tag value into Wonderware INSQL Database, but with the following server configuration I do not get the possibility to use the currentWrite mode in the tag query. What am I missing?

Regards, Matthias

Connector InSQL

ConnectorID

ConnectorType TAG

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description sjotsdb1.egger.com

Enabled T

InternalDateFormat yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

MaxRetryCount 5

Name INSQL_KT_SJO

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 1

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.InSQL

ServerURL jdbc:sqlserver://sjotsdb1.egger.com:1433;database=Runtime

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UseOLEDB true

UserName wwUser

ValidationQuery SELECT GETDATE()

WaitTime 30

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

First of all, the type of connection, as I read your screenshut is Tag, and is write possible?

Second, IS write possible to Wonderware InSQL DB, I am not sure. If you need to update or write values you need to do it specific for this type of historian DB. I can not remember right now how but can probably find out if needed.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I've decided to redesign the application. I need Wonderware to count events on the machine and then MII passes the counted data from Wonderware over to SAP PM. Initially I wanted to set the Wonderware value using MII. Now I use a contiuous counter in Wonderware, and when an event in MII occurs I save the current value of the Wonderware counter and the current value in SAP. So I can afterwards calculate the change without a need to have writing access to Wonderware.

This doesn't solve the initial question, but with this approach my initial question is no longer relevant.

Best Regards,

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthais,

Make sure that in your Wonderware SCADA for the tag which you are trying to write is enabled for READ/WRITE option. Ask your automation engineer to enable the both read/write option in Wonderware SCADA.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you check the 'Writable' checkbox.

Chanti.