cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in template generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

when creating a ui component for mobile hand held application in developer studio

and trying to apply a template for the component controller i got the following error :

nternal error

Plugin name: Metamodel Common Services for Eclipse

Internal error : com.sap.ide.metamodel.common.services.eclipse

Class : com.sap.ide.mmservices.common.eclipse.internal.template.apply.ApplyTemplateWizard$1

Method : performFinish()

Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.metamodel.common.services.eclipse

my version is :

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP04 PAT0000

Build id: 200911281443

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

This issue was fixed in the latest versions of SAP Netweaver Mobile - eSWT client.

You can better use 7.1 SP8 latest patch. There are some other fixes also available in the latest versions.

Regards,

Dhanya

Edited by: Dhanya K Moni on Dec 21, 2009 5:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

now i am working with NWDS SP08 and mobile plug-ins SP08 and the problems still occurs

my situation in details as follow :

i want to make a simple application to list the Orders from the back-end on mobile

- i have create a new BAPI-Wrapper using wizard (function group = SDOE_SAMPLE_BAPIWRAPPERS)

and write the Getlist and GetDetail names... and the back-end structure is VBAK to get list of order hearders.

- i have create a new SWCV and import this Bapi-Wrapper as data object .... and activated it

then i go to NWDS and adjusted the DOE settings in Mobile -> general

and create a new Service Component and add a operation on it to make a query to list the orders as output

then a make UI Component and adjust the dependences and cerated a new application

and when trying to apply a template on component controller ... i got that error

is there any thing missing ,,, is there any other way to make this simple application ???

thanks for your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Whatever steps you have mentioned is correct. At our side, applying template in SP8 IDE is working fine.

Please do a right click on the UI component and click Deployment descriptors-> Update deployment descriptors and then try to apply the template of service component to the Component Controller.

The below link tells how to apply the service template on the controller.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/46/78338bed0a59d8e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Please ignore it, if you have already gone through it.

The below link explains how to create a simple Order taker application.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bac0a0-bbed-2a10-a58e-efdf832a9...

Regards,

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhanya K Moni ... it is solved

Answers (0)