cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting or checking in a lost open activity (DTR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody:

A teammate delete a file which is in the DTR. He created an activity and linked this file change into that activity. His computer crash and was necessary to format harddisk before he could check-in the activity. Now we need to work on that file(delete and create again), but when we try to change the file we received this error message:

(FAILED: The file is checked-out-for-delete by another user: [<USERNAME>]) <FILENAME>

When we look the activity report by web browser, we can see the first activity open, but when the activity's owner login in his new NWDS(IDE), he cann't see the open activity and he cann't check-in it.

We are using SAP WAS J2EE SP14 and NWDS SP14.

Do you know how to delete or check-in that open activity?

Thanks

Regards

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Oliver!

For administrative tasks like this you can use the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm">DTR Command Line Tool</a>

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can slo try to revert the activity with the DTR Web UI. You need DTR administrator rights to do this. Use the Activity Reporting to find the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal:

I can resolve my problem using your information.

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have a similar situation and I followed your direction and located the activity using the DTR Web UI. Unfortunately, I do not get an option to revert from the dropdown list box (right corner of the activity page) only items

Technical View

Quick Links

So what can I do now to get out of this situation. If the command-line tool is an option, could you tell me what exactly I can do there?

Thanks!

Answers (0)