cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Map: How to Hardcode Value into Destination Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would think this would be a simple thing, but I cannot find documentation or a menu item that would allow me to hardcode a static value into a destination field. I do not have a corresponding field in the source, but want to set "XYZ" in a currently unmapped field in the destination. How do you do this in MDM?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

when defining the import map, you can create a new field in the source field hierarchy. Therefore do a right-click somewhere in your source fields and choose "Add new field" from the context. Now you can map this new source field to any destination field. As default the newly create field has no value. You could either map the NULL value to your desired destination value, or you can add a value by simply typing something into the converted value column.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith

You have two way to do that:

1)From Data manager

Select all records in your repository

enter value to field and save changes

1)From Import manager:

You should select key field in your source hierarchy (which your will used for match records)

or if you use more the one field for matching you should create complex key field in "partition field\value" tab

2) Clone key field(or use complex key field)

3) map it to destination fied

4) in "value conversion and mapping" window you should enter XYZ to "converted value" field for all records

5) do import

Regards

Kanstantsin