Graphical Message Mapping - SplitByValue - part 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Thread was solved by

StartDate --> emoveContext --> A

EAN --> RemoveContext --> SplitByValue (Value Change) --> A

--> A (FormatByExample) --> target field

The context of the StartDate field is changed to the complete Message Type. That all works fine.

Now, I need to do a similar thing, but based on 4 indicator fields which could contain value X.

For each indicator field (within 1 data row) filled with an X, a segment must be repeated as many times as there are indicator fields with an X.

How do I manage that? I think I need to use FormatByExample again, isn't it?

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> For each indicator field (within 1 data row) filled with an X, a segment must be repeated as many times as there are indicator fields with an X.

This means in each data row you will have only 1 X in any of the indicator. Correct?

So let's say you got total 7 data row, this means you have 7 X's and that means you must create 7 segments. Corrct?

If yes then

Soruce --->RemoveContext -

>Target Segment.

Soruce --->SplitByValue(each value) --->Target Fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means in each data row you will have only 1 X in any of the indicator. Correct?

--> No, could have several ones.

And your second question is linked to the first one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is bit difficult to tell the solution without seeing source & target structure. Also an example with desired result will help to achieve the solution more quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

I can understand your problem, but since this is against the rules of engagement on SDN therefore I will recommend you to communicate on SDN only so that other experts can also suggest their solution.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I prepared a document with screenshots. Just give me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible provide the links.. Otherwise you can chekc my Business Card.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just sent you a mail... If things are not clear, feel free to reply.

Afterwards, I will post the solution here to be sure this post has added value for other people.

Kind regards

Dimtiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I think this can also be achived with the help of a UDF to handle context change.

Please refer to the below mentioned blog for further explanantion:

[BLOG|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5210] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Thanks for the hint...

In the meantime, Sarvesh solved the problem. Please find all the details in this thead , page 2

Kind regards

Dimitri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think your requirement is to create multiple line-items for a unique field repeating multiple times like PONumber.

You can implement this blog.

[Message Splitting|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3765] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

For the Header fields you are right, have to use formatByExample and Line-item fields will have direct mapping.

Regards

Arpil