Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver Communicat ion Channel Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working with IDoc-XI-File Scenario. My file structure is;

DT_Details(0..unbounded)which has 31fields. The last field of DT_Details is Items(0..unbounded) which has some 10 fields and the last field of Items is SubItems(0..unbounded)which has 41fields.

My mapping is working fine. Also my scenario is working fine with .csv if my communication channel content conversion parameters are:

Recordset Structure : DT_Details,Items,SubItems

DT_Details.addHeaderLine : 0

DT_Details.fieldSeparator : ,

Items.fieldSeparator : ,

SubItems.fieldSeparator : ,

SubItems.endSeparator : 'nl'

Now my problem comes when I go with fixed length format. My communication channel content conversion parameters are:

DT_Details.fieldFixedLengths : 9,9,7,10,9,7,10,10,10,2,2,8,8,4,2,3,1,4,2,2,12,1,3,1,1,1,1,1,15,9

Items.fieldFixedLengths : 10,10,2,2,8,8,4,2,3,1

SubItems.fieldFixedLengths : 4,2,1,3,1,1,1,1,1,15,12,9,10,9,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,30,30,4,4,1,4,3,3

When I used this and run the scenario I get an error message in my File Receiver adapter stating:

Error: Message processing failed: Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: more fields found in XML structure than specified in conversion parameters! (Value '01')', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

Any help would be appreciated......

Regards,

---Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

which SP do you have?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

We are using SP16. I am able to resolve my issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

I am sorry. I have not resolved my issue till now. We are using SP16.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Most likely too late for you, but it might help someone else. I've encountered the same problem, or at least the same error message.

It looks like the adapter configuratioin does not allow subelements in the record set specified in "Recordset Structure". So if you have substructures in DT_Details,Items,SubItems, it will fail.

I had to rewrite my Data Type with this in mind. In your case it could look like this:

<root>

..<rec1>

....<DT_Details>

......<value1/>

....</DT_Details>

....<rec2>

......<Items>

........<value2/>

......</Items>

......<rec3>

........<SubItems>

..........<value3/>

........</SubItems>

......</rec3>

....</rec2>

..</rec1>

</root>

DT_Details occurs only once in rec1, but rec1 occurs as many times as DT_Details in the message.

Items occurs only once in rec2, but rec2 occurs as many times as Items in the DT_Details.

The adapter configuration should be the same.

Br

Elling

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

This type of error comes, if your xml output is not having all the fields..

In fixed length fields, you need to have all the fields with full length. i.e if there is no value in the field, you need to pass exact spaces as mentioned in the field length..

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have given exact number of fields in the the content conversion parameter <b>fieldFixedLengths</b>. Check once more if it is matching the number of fields.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

I have given the same number of fields as specified in my xml structure.

---Satish

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Even few months back I was also facing the same kind of problem though I am sure that all the content conversion parameters are right. Then the problem was with the number of fields mentioned in the fieldlength then I added this <b>fixedLengthTooShortHandling = Cut</b>

in my parameters. Better try this out and you can also give Ignore instead of Cut.

BTW in your post the number of fields is not matching please check once again.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

I have checked with Ignore and Cut but it is not resolved.

---Satish

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Do one thing check the fieldLengths once more as I could see it has only 34 where as the number of fields is 41. Otherwise everything seems to be fine and I could'nt see anything wrong. While checking do for all the 3.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Actually I have disabled some fields earlier. So I havenot given the lengths for the disabled once. But now I have enabled all the fields and added my lengths to them also. So now what are the values I have given is:

DT_Details.fieldFixedLengths : 9,9,7,10,9,7,10,10,10,2,2,8,8,4,2,3,1,4,2,2,12,1,3,1,1,1,1,1,15,5,9

DT_Details.fixedLengthTooShortHandling : Ignore

Items.fieldFixedLengths : 10,10,2,2,8,8,4,2,3,1

Items.fixedLengthTooShortHandling : Ignore

SubItems.fieldFixedLengths : 4,2,1,3,1,1,1,1,1,15,2,12,9,1,1,1,1,1,1,10,9,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,30,30,4,4,1,4,3,3

SubItems.fixedLengthTooShortHandling : Ignore

I have an error message:

Error: Message processing failed: Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: more fields found in XML structure than specified in conversion parameters! (Value '01')', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

From this what I see is (Value '01') this value is for my first field of my Item.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you see my post ? it is mentioned there

Check all the fields are having values ? If not try to put explict spaces.. Then it will work..

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

All your parameters looks fine. Lets do this check now take the final payload from SXMB_MONI and check if it has all fields. If not you need to assign a constant space to get a empty field in the output payload. There might be some blank fields coming form the source.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the post by Moorthy, that should work.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

I have filled all the values. But eventhough I am having still the same issue. If you give your mail id I can send you some screen shots so that we can resolve the issue.

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CHeck once again the lengths given in the Data Type for the target structure and mentioned in the COntent COnversion.

Then try to give all the values in the fields with full lenth..

It should work here..

my email id is moorthy_kp@yahoo.com

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Satish

I think firstly you check the payload of your IDOC inbound message and then compare the each value of the IDOC's fields to the Fixedlengths in the ID file adapter,

maybe the the value length is more longer than the your defined Fixedlengths in ID.

From the error message, i think it is possible.

For example: the field value is '01' in the inbound message,but you defined the item.fixedlengths is 1, so the error comes like you encountered.

Best wishes.

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

I have send you some screenshots to your id. Can you please go through it and help me out?

Regards,

---Satish