Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum line spacing for device type

jiri_faltin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to print small labels on Datamax printer. I use smartforms and font size 6 pts. Problem is, that the printer has some default line spacing and I'm not able to decrease line spacing. Current line spacing is 3mm between two lines, which is very much.

In SPAD transaction, I can maintain page format for selected device type. There are a lots of actions and one of them is action Printer initialization. Here I can define some initial string for the printer.

Do you have any idea, if I can set linespacing here? Or do you have any other help?

Thanks&regards,

Jirka Faltin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use the Lines per inch attribute in the paragraph format of the smart style

jiri_faltin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

thanks for reply. I tried to change, but doesn't help

Jirka

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jirka,

Escape codes for printer are printer specific, refer your printer manual.

However, I feel changing line per inch in smartform's smartstyle should change the line spacing.

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jiri,

I have to print Smart Form label to a Datamax printer, but I'm not able to do it.

How do you do this?

How do you define the printer in transaction SPAD?

The smart form is a normal smart form or you have to use special code?

Thanks.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the line spacing on printer.

Line spacing command is stored in Printer Initialization section/event.

And you can find the printer initialization section in Format of device type.

Goto SPAD, in full administration mode open the device type of printer. In menu select goto->format, double click on the format in which you want to change the line spacing. On Format tab you will find Initialization section, double click to change the line spacing.

If you do not want to change the sap-standard format, then you might have to consider creating new format assigning it to device type and changing line spacing in that. In this case you have to you this custom format in smartform.

jiri_faltin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

thanks for help. My problem is, that I don't know initialization string, which I need to write to the initialization section to change line spacing. I'm using copy of device type I2SWIN. Do you know, which string I need to write to printer initialization?

Thanks&regards,

Jirka