cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I am updating the data in the receiver system using the SOAP lookup.

I am sending the customer ID and the details of them to update. this cust ID must be there in the receiver system previously.

if I am providing no data for a particular field other than customer ID it will remain as it is.

while sending the customer ID and the details I am getting and checking the data for other fields by lookup.

my problem is If I have updated the data for a particular customer in the below way-

source field ---> first name ,last name and middle name

target field --> name

suppose I have updated the name previously as Lastname, first name middlename pattern (target side value).

and now when I am updating the same target filed with out giving the middle name in the source element it is ommiting the eariler

middle name.

ex-

if before updation-

name- smith, jhon Joshua

if i update this as-

billy, rick then the midle name is omitted ... it should update like this-

billy, jhon rick.

the source fields first name ,middle name and the last name are in the same node

please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

> ex-

> if before updation-

> name- smith, jhon Joshua

> if i update this as-

> billy, rick then the midle name is omitted ... it should update like this-

> billy, jhon rick.

Here you have to write the update statement in the lookup for all the three fields even if it is blank also you have to mention that field name also.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

If I understood correctly you may be trying to update a Database table and the value for this update you are getting from the look up..

if either of first, last or middle name is blank then the the unavailable field will be made balnk in Database

What you need to do is to create the target XML on the runtime...

Regards

Suraj