cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have exported a configuration file and put it in import directory in another system , but I can not see it when trying to import from another system.

what can be wrong .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether file is placed under appropriate directory i.e configurationserver/import....

check whether you placed the file in repository server... it should be in respective server folder..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Thank you all for your hel

we used another mean to transport the files and it is working

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonja,

Use a user in the same group as the PI user which is trying to view the folder, or after you place the file change the attributes on the file to chmod 777.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

sorry for the bad exlanation but I will try again.

I am exporing the conig. file normally , the file is palced in the ekport directory in the unix system , and afterward the file is moved by ftp and mailed to me by someone, then i save the file in the import directory (windows ), but here the file does not show up in the list of files ready to be imported.

I hope it is clear.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I got it.. then there could be a pssiblity that file got currpeted while FTPing it to local directory at unix side. So this means you may have gotten the currped file via mail.

If you have some other old files then you just check with them to see if they are visible or not (do not transport them) and once you are sure then remove the old file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be a file permission issue too at windows import dir. So check it with BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

I got sent the file by mail , but I think so.

does it have something to do with FTP , if so how can I fix it

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sending mail from windows to unix box right? if yes then who copies this to unix import dir?

Basically what is your flow of doing this.. what steps you perform in doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is in the right dirwctory as I used it before ,

It might be something between unix and windows as file is exported from windows to unix.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It might be something between unix and windows as file is exported from windows to unix.

how are you moving your file to unix dir. Are you doing FTP?