cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictionary search help- Displaying entire selected row in table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using dictionary search help for one field productid in context. In the runtime when i search based on product id and description in the search help, in the search list its showing all the product id's and descriptions' .

My doubt is when i select any record in the search help search result list , that selected row should get displayed in the tablecontrol. But in my case only product id is getting displayed in the table control. product description is not changing since i have not set the search help.

Without OVS , is there any way to get the data for selected row and display in the table?

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to fill the other fields in table by using Search help on single field then go like this :

1.Just make sure that both fields are bound to the same context node.

2. Context node uses a data dictionary structure or table as its source and that these fields are linked via DDic Search Help in this structure.

No need to recreate the search help in OVS.

Refer SAP Online help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If an input help structure is stored in a field in the ABAP Dictionary, and if you want to use the field mapping of search help parameters stored in the ABAP Dictionary as the field name for the structure for your Web Dynpro input help, then map your context nodes to this structure. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha & Saurav,

Let me explain clearly. Lets take the example from the help link given by saurav.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Lets assume that i have created a context node from the structure airline which contains airline code and airline description fields only. And Airline code is attached to a search help. In the view i have a tablecontrol which is bound to this context node.

At runtime when you click on airline code , value help will be displayed and you can select the airline code. Lets say for example i have selected "AZ" from the search list and clicked on "OK. In the table control airline code is populating with the value "AZ" but i need corresponding airline description should also be populated along with airline code. So in the table control i need "AZ" and "Alitalia". i.e when i select "AZ" corresponding description "Alitalia"should also get populated in the table control.

But through the above dictionary search help to which element it is bound only that value is populating. ie., AZ is populating in the filed.

Withous OVS, i need to populate the correspoding values of search help field in the table control.

Any idea on how to get this?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have one Input field for Airline code and a table(TABLE UI) control that displays both the code and decription.

If you donot want to use the OVS, then you have to have custom SH so that it returns..both the code and description..

Or you can use the SH exit that returns both of them and you can show it in table..

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rekha,

Could you give a breif description.

How can i achieve this either custom search help or exit. lets take custom SH.

Can u give the steps of how to do for this scenario.

Thanks

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this link -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lekha,

I get it solved by myself. No need to write any code. In the dictionary searchhelp just need to check only export parameters for the specific fields. It works.

Based on key value maultiple values will get populated automatically. anyhow i solved it in this way.

Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you want to display prod description...in table control...

can you be more clear...