cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Designer connect BW Query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

My BO Designer connect BW Query, Can't connt my custom cube's query ( my cbue save on "IA_InfoArea" InfoArea), I find one standard cube "0SD_C01" Cube's query could connt .

Why custom CUBE of the QUERY can not display and connect?

How to solve that?

My bo server is BO XI3.1 SP1.

BW server is " SAPKW70019 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0 ".

My question means the same as following Posts :

" I am facing problem in creating universe on SAP BW BEx Query, here the problem: SAP BW version is 7.0 SP 11 and BusinessObjects version is XI 3.0 and SAP Integration Kit 3.0

I created a new InfoCube in SAP BW under some InfoArea and I created a BEx query on that InfoCube. Now in Universe Designer i am trying to create a new connection on that BEx query, but in the list of objects while creating connection i can see my InfoCube under folder $InfoCube but i can not see my own InfoArea or even Query i created on that InfoCube. Along those i can see some folders like Sales Overview (0SD_C03) and BEx queries under that folder of target 0SD_C03. My doubt is why it is not showing InfoArea and Query which created in BW. "

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Howard.

pho:

[http://file.itpub.net/attachment/day_091216/20091216_21a7d983a9bfcd34a0c9eMTYbB9zDfnM.jpg|http://file.itpub.net/attachment/day_091216/20091216_21a7d983a9bfcd34a0c9eMTYbB9zDfnM.jpg]

Edited by: flying on Dec 16, 2009 12:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to set the property "released for external access" for the query in the BW query designer.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ingo Hilgefort ,

Thank you very much.

I often see your BLOG, you are very well written.

BO connection CUBE / QUERY. What is the difference then?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Hoard.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BEx Query Designer -> Advanced> Allow External Access to this Query

That's OK. SO many thanks. Ingo Hilgefort .