Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text area in interactive forms

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way we can display long text in the interactive form. something like TEXTAREA. I need to display long text..now i am using a Textfield with 'multiple lines' but this displays seperate textfield for every line. i want the whole text to come in a single textarea.is i possible??

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Sharadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same wish.

Has anyone a solution for it now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Expand to fit for Height in Layout .I have the same scenario and its working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think additionally to "multiple lines" you have to set the property "expand to fit" for the height on the Layout-Tab.

Kind Regards

Ilona

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharadha

the Text Field is the right object to use.

Read the documentation and play around with the settings. Check your binding settings. You are on the right track.

Cheers

Markus Meisl

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can you send me the link for the documentation which deals with the properties of the various form elements.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharadha

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Adobe LiveCycle Designer, hit F1. Then go to Working with Objects > Defining Object Properties > Text Fields

Cheers,

Markus

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

i have referred that help also. It is given that just checking the 'Allow Multiple lines' will display the text in multiple lines. I did the same but it is not displaying the long text in a single text box rather it is displaying in more than one textbox.

And also i want to know is there any upper limit for number of characters that can be displayed in a textbox. i have unchecked the 'limit number of characters' also but still it is truncating the text to be displayed in the textbox.

Is there any example available for the textbox with multiple lines??

Thanks and Regards,

Sharadha

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharadha,

no, there is no limit on characters for a text field.

I am not aware of any examples as text fields are the simplest way to use the form technology and I haven't come across an issue like yours.

My only suggestion is to create a customer message on component BC-SRV-FP and submit your template.

Cheers,

Markus

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The problem is still there..i played with all the properties of the textbox..nothing works

Thanks and Regards,

Sharadha