Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Proforma Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am looking out for a solution in standard SAP and scenario is as below:-

1. I create a sales order

2. Then I create a Proforma Invoice against this sales order.

3. When I see the document flow once a create the Proforma, I can see two statuses - Invoice:Completed, Sales order: Open

4. Now, if I want to make any changes in the sales order, system doesn't allow me to do so even if I have cancelled the proforma invoice by putting the status 'Complete' in VF02 initial entry screen.It throws an errro ' item 000010 cannot be deleted because of subsequent document xxxxxxxx' which is quite right.

5. Then I have changed in VOFA setting for F5 billng type such as - I have put 'S1' cancellation billint type in F5 (which is always blank) with an assumption that system will allow me to do VF11 for this F5 invoice.

6. Even after step 5, system doen's allow me to do VF11 and throws an errro ' Proforma invoice can't be cancelled'

My ultimate requirement is - I should be able to do VF11 for F5 which will update the document flow in a proper way and put the sales order in editable mode which is not happening at this moment.

I would appreciate your valuable inputs on the same.

Regards,

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hrishi,

It is standard functionality that the Proforma Invoices created

in SAP cannot be cancelled. This is because they are not considered

to be real invoices since there is no accounting document associated

with them. Therefore, with regards to your issue, the system believes

the pro forma invoice is open even though you tried to cancel it.

You will need to mark the sales order line item for rejection and

assign a reason for rejection. It will not be possible to delete the

line item.

Regards,

Raghavendra YN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghavendra YN,

I have also suggested the same process (reason of rejection) as you mentioend but my client is not happy with this option as there are huge number of sales orders in his case, as this is a workaround. Client needs a permanent solution in this situation, thats why I was thinking of something in that way.

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only and easiest way is to assign the reason for rejection for your sales document.

If there are huge number of order,then you can go for mass updation using the T.Code "MASS".

Goto the T.Code "MASS".

Enter the object type as "BUS2032".

Execute.

Click on "Fields" tab.

Click on "Find".

Enter the search term as "MASSVBAP-ABGRU".Identify that entry and then select that line.

Execute.

Enter your sales orders number range.Maintain the rejection reason.So that the status will be changed.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hrishi,

There is a way by which you can set the status of Performa invoice as Cancelled in document flow.

But there woulld not be any change to the field FKSTO.

I.e. The cancelled field in the VBRK table will not be updated.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishan,

I think this is the most appropriate way to go ahead when there are huge number of sales orders.

Also, I have tried to overwrite the line items in the sales order which worked fine for me !!!.

Thanks a lot to all of you friends...

Regards,

Hrishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to vfo2

in billing header

posting status u can change it to E- cancel the docuemtn

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Just for your information, you can't change the posting status in Invoice header as it is set by system not manually!

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to vfo2

in billing header

posting status u can change it to E- cancel the docuemtn

Kishore