cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split the Order items using standard procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a BW Consultant and currently working for Sales Module. I have one question regarding the Order Item changes in VA02. For example a user creates one SO with Item 10 and the quantity is 1000. Later they want to split this Order into two i.e. they change the first item quantity to 500 and create another item (20) with Quantity 500 .Users are doing this ,because of allocation process.

Now I would like to ask whether this is a standard procedure to follow.I have no issues with the new item , I am not sure how they are changing the first order item qty in VA02, because Qty is greyed out . My assumption is, they are deleting the item first and then recreating with the new quantity.

Hence I would like to check is there any other option/process available to change the quantity and also would like to know whether it is a standard procedure? Reason I am asking this question is,extractor is not picking the correct records.Hence I suspect this is not a standard procedure to follow.

Please advice .Thanks for your time.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best practice is that for any particular material, for the total order quantity, if delivery should happen in different date, then the same can be achieved by double clicking the material code in overview screen and further click on "Schedule line" tab. There for different dates, maintain the required quantity and save the sale order. Whatever quantity is increased here, it will automatically cumulate the total order quantity.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

go to shedule line data of position 10

here you want to have 1000 pcs for the 18.12.2009

change her into

500 pcs for the 18.12.2009 and

500 pcs for the 21.12.2009

at 18.12.2009 you will get adelivery of 500

at 21.12.2009 you will get the rest.