cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Text Search on Product Catalogue Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using ISA4.0 for CRM and J2EE6.20

Our business require that we offer a number of attributes for products in our product Catalogue. We have successfully created the attributes and can see them when we display a product.

However, the only searching offered in the standard functionality is with some filters in the next level up in the Product Hierarchy. What we would like to use is the "Quick Search" functionality to search these attributes in the same way as it searches the description and product code etc.

I found something for ISA for R/3 which indicates that a function module must be extended (ISA_READ_CATALOG_COMPLETE), but I am not sure if this is the case when using ISA with CRM.

Has anyone already done this? Can you point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I've sought some time after this solution which in the end is actually extremely easy.

In Bigsearch.jsp you will have a line like

<tr>

<td align="right" nowrap><isa:translate key="catalog.isa.description"/>:&nbsp;</td>

<td><input type="text" class="textInput" name="<%= catalog.getCatalog().getAttributeGuid(AttributeKeyConstants.PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION) %>" size="15" style="width:150px"></td>

</tr>

if you change the name of you textfield to the name of you attribute (as in the catalog) say SPECIALCODE (yes the capital letters are required)

name="SPECIALCODE"

then you wil be able to search your catalog from this field on attribute SPECIALCODE.

In this example I changed the name, but you can add fields and the TREX wil still work on all attributes, even joint searches on different attributes are among the possibilities...

Let me know if this help,

Kind Regards,

Allan

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even before you implement these, you will need to make sure that you have implemented two Business Add-Ins, for Attribute Creation and Replication of values. Unless these are done, TREX will not hold these values. Then, once you have published the attribute with values to TREX, you will need to modify your JSP code to be able to search within these attributes.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson.