cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have used FTP receiver adapter-FILE. The file is sent to receiver file server. We saw it "Successful" in SXMB_MONI and Runtime workbench, although the receiver server team is saying they did not receive it.

Can any one let me know how best we can give proof that file is reached at receiver server ? How to check.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i have used FTP receiver adapter-FILE. The file is sent to receiver file server. We saw it "Successful" in SXMB_MONI and Runtime workbench, although the receiver server team is saying they did not receive it.

Reconfirm the target directory with receiving party.

> Can any one let me know how best we can give proof that file is reached at receiver server ? How to check.

You can chek this in RWB --->Message Monitoring, there you can see if the message have been successfully delivered or it is in some other state e.g waiting, hold, or system error.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its showing "SUCCESSFUL" in message monitoring of RWB.

In Communication channel its showing message transferred but there is no audit log.When i click on message it comes without audit log.

boldWe dont have access to Receiver system and they are saying they dint receive files. Whats perfect proof for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well you can take the screen shot and send a mail to them stating that message has left the XI box successfully, there is no error.

I think it is more or less a metter of investigation at there side as well. Just by saying that they haven't received a file doesn't mean that there is no prolem at receiving side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

same problem faced by me two weeks back..in PI it was showing everything fine and sucessful and people at target side are telling not received any files..

But we have audit logs..may be you need to check with basis for enabling some property for this...

when we dig deeper we found that the file was transferring to the root directory instead of to the expected directory and problem was with home directory path of the user used...

so go to OS level and use FTP there and login to the FTP server..(use same credentials used in File adapter)

and check the home directory of the user..

one thing can also be done ask them to provide the FTP server logs for checking the logs during the transfer.

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to RWB->ComponentMonitoring->AdapterEngine-?CommunicationChannelMonitoring and select your receiver channel and check the audit logs generated there where you can see the log messages that connection establishment and the path details of the ftp server where the file has been posted too...

may be u need to check the home directory of the user assocaited and check the path according to the user whether it is correct or not...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check the target directory which you have mentioned in your receiver communication channel . Also in case it is FTP and FCC then also check in case the User name and password provided are having the correct access to transfer the file to your desired location.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check at receiver communication channel in runtime workbench?

If it is successful over there, that means, the file is delivered to the target.

-Tanaya.