cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination for RFC to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m creating a TCP/IP RFC destination in R/3 system for my RFC to File scenario.

Step 1:

For this a Registered server program is created in Jco RFc Destinations with,

Program Id : pgm1

Gateway host : PI's host

Gateway service : PI's service

application server host: ECC's host

system numer : ECC's number

client : ECC's client

logon user : ECC user

password : pwd

Step 2:

In SM59, TCP/IP connection the following parameters are given:

Program ID : pgm1

Gateway host : PI's host -

> is this correct

Gateway service : PI's service -

> is this correct

Step 3:

So i am calling the RFC in ABAP program (R/3 system) like:

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_HR_OUTBOUND_DATA2'

IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION 'Z_HR_OUTBOUND_DATA2'

Step 4:

In PI side,

for RFC sender I am passing :

Application server : PI server

Application server service: PI host

program ID: pgm1 which was created in the previos step

For RFC Metadata Repository Parameter, i am passing all the values related to R/3

Please let me know whether the steps and values i given is correct.

B'cos even if i give ECC's information in Gateway host and Gateway service the scenario works fine and if i PI's info then also it works fine.

so i am confused as which is the correct method. pls clarify

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below instuction for creating RFC dest.

Note: As soon as you create Sender RFC communication channel, save and activate it. Immediately now create a RFC destination in R/3 System of type TCP/IP with server registered program as mentioned in this communication channel against Program ID.

Remember first activate then create RFC destination in R/3 system

Do not register this program id in visual admin

Thanks,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your reply.

But if i am creating the registered server program in Visual admin, then the connection test fails in TCP/IP connection.

Only after registering there it works?

is there any other step that needs to be added?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Th details to be maintained are of the ECC system.

REgards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC destination resides in R/3 since RFC is the Sender, and if i am giving R/3 gateway details how does it know that it has to reach PI, i mean whats the triggering point of PI for RFC to File scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you create the RFC destination in the R/3 then the gateway will register the progId and finds the client to whom it needs to be sent to...

As PI will also registers the same progId with all the needed details of R/3 it will get registered in the gateway program too

for this go to SMGW and check the registered progIds..based on which data will be transferred...

search in SAP Help for more details

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a TCP/IP destination in R/3 with ECC's Gateway details and it got executed..

if i am giving PI, then also it works.. so i am confused which the correct one to be given in gateway details for the RFC dest created in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be of ECC's gateway details.

Since you are going to use Sender RFC CC in PI, so definetly you will mention this RFC destination in your CC. So now when your PI will ececute the Sender RFC CC then it must connect to your ÉCC system and that is the reason if your RFC Destination doesn't contain the details of ECC then how it will connect to it.

I hope it helps to understand the concept.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I am wrong. The dest.that we give in RFC is for letting it know where it has to reach after execution.

in my case the RFC resides in ECC and if i am pointing again ECC as the destination, then how it is reaching PI?

Also

The RFC will be called by a ABAP program and we are going to schedule this ABAP program.

So when the ABAP program gets executed how does it call PI. Whats the triggering point to PI from ECC... i mean how does it link to PI.

Please explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will try to explain....

Assumptions: R3_TO_XI is the name of RFC which I created in ECC of type T.

While creating the RFC in ECC we mention a unique name which is called Progaram ID. Now the same program id we mention in our sender RFC CC.

So now when an ABAP Progarm (where you will call this RFC with it's destination) is scheduled/triggered with the code as mentioned below then since the DESTINATION ('R3_TO_XI') mentioned here contain the same program id which we have mentioned in our sender CC, invokes the adapter in PI and soon after that all pipeline steps get executed in XI.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZBAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL'
  IN BACKGROUND TASK
  DESTINATION 'R3_TO_XI'
  TABLES
    comp_detail = company_detail.
COMMIT WORK.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for your clear explanation.

So you mean to say the Program Id plays the major role in triggering PI from ECC. (And as mentioned I have ECC's Gateway details in RFc dest).

Say, if i am giving the same program id to multiple program id, then will it work or the program id should be unique for each CC in different scenarios?

But I tried giving PI's details in gateway parameters and it still worked. This is incorrect, right?

Is the gateway parameters not related to the destination system?

Please clarify.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Say, if i am giving the same program id to multiple program id, then will it work or the program id should be unique 
for each CC in different scenarios?

The same programID can be used in different CCs.....when the sending system is the same.

However when you are creating multiple RFC destinations (for multiple ecc systems) then in that case the programID should be unique to each of the RFC destinations....same programID should not be used in more than one RFC destination.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say if I am using the same RFC dest in 4 RFC's so whenever the RFC is called by the ABAP program will it trigger all the CC's in PI which uses this RFc dest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> So you mean to say the Program Id plays the major role in triggering PI from ECC. (And as mentioned I have ECC's Gateway details in RFc dest).

Yes.

> Say, if i am giving the same program id to multiple program id, then will it work or the program id should be unique for each CC in different scenarios?

I think Abhishek has already given a good explaination for this. So need to repeat it.

>

> But I tried giving PI's details in gateway parameters and it still worked. This is incorrect, right?

You must have executed the RFC in ECC, if yest then it will work. But if you triggered end-to-end scenario then it is strange for me.

> Is the gateway parameters not related to the destination system?

refer the above ans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Say if I am using the same RFC dest in 4 RFC's so whenever the RFC is called by the ABAP program will it trigger all the CC's in PI which uses this RFc dest?

If you create 4 ABAP program and then call your RFC's then answer is "Yes". Otherwise jsut by calling one particualr RFC with same RFC Destination from one ABAP program will not automatically trigger all 4 scenarios in XI. Just think your Receiver Determination will have different Outbound Interface (RFC).

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Say if I am using the same RFC dest in 4 RFC's so whenever the RFC is called by the ABAP program will it trigger all the CC's in PI which uses this RFc dest?

We do not relate the RFC destination with the actual RFC.

This is when your Sender Agreement (in which you configured the sender RFC/ MI comes into picture)....it is the sender agreement which will decide which RFC message should be processed by which channel.

When you say that your channel goes into error (due to some bad strcuture) it is actually your agreement that has thrown the error..... I hope that i am not misleading you here!

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested end-to-end scenario by executing the ABAP programs(with RFC & RFc dest) in ECC system by giving PI Gateway details and still it triggered the scenario in PI.

That's why i am so confused, how come it work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya i understand that the same RFC destination can be used for in multiple RFC's and only when a program is triggerred the respective RFC is also triggered.