cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is direct deletion without archiving possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario in which i have to delete messages of a particular interface directly after a retention period of 7 days. I should not archive the messages. And this should apply only to that interface and not the others.

How can i do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sivasakthi danasekaran

In general, the interfaces that are not flag for Archiving will get delete on its own after the retention period is over.

Please go through my wiki that explains the concept of archive/delete in brief

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=147266890

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some basic questions about XI archiving.

If a message is not flagged for archiving and it is automatically flagged for deletion, will it be deleted automatically by SAP after the retention peiod is exceeded or do we have to schedule the delete job?

When a message is deleted we will not be able to view it in SXMB_MONI isnt it? What about messages that are archived?

And incase i maintain a retention period for deletion as 10 and archive retention period as 30, it makes no sense isnt it?

Because the message will be deleted by delete job before it becomes available for archival.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivasakthi,

Below are my answers

If a message is not flagged for archiving and it is automatically flagged for deletion, will it be deleted automatically by SAP after the retention peiod is exceeded or do we have to schedule the delete job?

You need to schedule the jobs, please schedule below jobs

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES Delete Archived XML Messages

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES Delete XML Messages from the Persistency Layer marked for DEL

When a message is deleted we will not be able to view it in SXMB_MONI isnt it? What about messages that are archived?

You will not be able to see both of them but you can retrive the arhived messages using 'Archived XML messages' option in SXMB_MONI transaction

And incase i maintain a retention period for deletion as 10 and archive retention period as 30, it makes no sense isnt it?
Because the message will be deleted by delete job before it becomes available for archival.

YES, you are correct.

I request you go through my blog & wiki that covers the basics of this concept

/people/chandra.kanimenisp4z121a122b/blog/2009/12/16/pi-archiving-and-delete

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (0)