cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 using FTPS as File Sender Adapter: Problem connecting to Server!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SAP PI 7.1 and I am trying to connect to an FTPS Server, but always get the following Error in the log: "Channel FileReceiver: Error connecting to ftp server 'hostname': com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: The control connection to the FTP server hostname timed out while reading the server reply."

I checked all the parameters and they seem to be ok! When I am using the same parameters with a WS_FTP Client Tool on the same server, I can establish the connection! Hostname, Port, User, Pass, etc must be ok ... I also imported the CA Certificate into the "TrustedCAs" KeyStore ...

We also checked if on FTPS Server side we can see anything in the logfiles, but it seems that PI (Fiel Adapter) does not send anything to the FTPS Server. On OS Level we see that a TCP Connection is established tho the Server on the correct Port and we also used a tool to analize if data is sent over the established connection, but there was no data 😮

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Do you have proper access permissions to the FTP server? check for read,write access. also does your SAP PI system support FTPS?

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Access rights are ok ... how do I check if my PI Sysem supports FTPS? We have installed the crypto extensions and I also can select the FTPS Option on the file adapter. Is there anything else that must be enabled or configured?

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We are also facing the same issue can you let me know if you have resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Bhargav

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try with IP address of the FTP server instead of hostname in the file channel?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We already did that ... with no better result!

Is there a possibility to have more detailed logging abaout what is going on?

Regards

Christoph