cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How may spool request can I create in the backend?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How may spool request can I create in the backend? If yes, is there anywhere in the system can I set this value to increase number of spool request per user.

Is there any condition which can prevent me create a new spool request?

Yes all of the answer above is answered, so is there any offfical document from SAP states them.

Thanks!

- Anthony-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I asked Basis clean up the spool request more frequently.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for the feedback. But, in fact, what was the real issue, originally?

I forgot to inform you of that:

1) [Note 193638 - Calculating spool number from file names as of 4.0A|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/193638] (indicates the algorithm of UNIX file names). This note also indicates "For Release 4.0A, the maximum spool number has been increased from 99000 to 2000000000. The maximum number of output requests per spool request has been increased to 32767 as well."

2) I think I forgot one of your initial questions:

> Is there any condition which can prevent me create a new spool request?

By default, SAP tries to append pages to existing spools with same characteristics. If they are always different, a new spool request is always created. So, you may change some characteristics so that they are identical and SAP will reuse existing spools. See rules in [Note 85318 appending documents to existing spool requests|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/85318].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Actually the problem was that the user who perform creating a new spool request cannot do that because of his spool list too big.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spool request number is 10 digits, so I let you calculate.

I think there is no maximum per user.

There is S_SPO_DEV authorization object (by output device).

Not sure to have understood your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Not sure to have understood your questions.

What happened to your crystal ball

Rob

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob 1 point - sandra 0 pt

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I believe that the number of spools is limited to less than that. I had a discussion with my Basis lead counterpart a while back regarding a spool issue where numbers were being recycled before the spool was due for deletion at the 8 day limit. The value can be controlled via system parameter but there was an upper limit well below that 10 digit value.

See OSS note 48284 - standard system limit is 32000 but can be pushed higher. I believe we went with SAP's recommendation in the note for performance reasons but it looks like you can actually go for the full Monty.

Edited by: Brad Bohn on Dec 15, 2009 4:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers!

Actually I am facing the problem of creating spool request while I have several spool requests are in the "waiting" status. I doubt that there is a limitation of creating spool request if we have some spools per user like that in the system. Any comments or suggestions?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

couldn't you tell us at the beginning that your question was about "waiting" spools...

Ask your basis to check the log of the SPO workprocess, dumps and so on.

There are many notes (of type consulting and help for error analysis) which contain information.

See also [sap library - status of the requests|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/78/4d22426adddf2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]