cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallelization of sapconnect does not work (SCOT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had issues of slow smtp delivery of email messages and investigation of this issue revealed that the reason was that at times there was a hugh flood of emails leading to a large queue. This caused emails to be queued up and the resulted in certain emails sitting in the botton of the queue and were sent out late. The delay was in hours because at times the number of emails was very high. This doesn't happen often but once when this situation happened some important emails which are to be received by higher up in management and thus having high priority got delayed. I tried to use the parallelization approach which deals with increasing the number of work process from 1 to 2 or 3 in the variant of program RSCONN01 which is the email send program. I tested this on a system with CI and app server. I created an RFC group with the CI and app. SAP says that if we set the variant to use say 2 dialog process and set the rfc group then then 2 sapconnect processes will run on each dialog processes one on each SAP instance i.e one on CI and one on app. This I thought would lead to faster processesing of the email queues since there will be 2 sapconnect processes. I created 7 test emails with large attachments and tried to test the email send job with the modified variant but I found that the emails still are processed on the server where the job is run it is not using the parallelization parameters in the variant. I monitored the processes in sm66.

As per SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d4/0d2041098def23e10000000a155106/content.htm

1) Can any one of you suggest how I can achieve email parallelization ?

2) Altenatively does anyone know how I can set a higher priority on certain emails as compared to others so that even when a high priority email finds itself in a huge stack it moves to the front of the queue and is sent out first?

Priority of the email here is defined by the receiver. There are certain emails which are received by top management which we want to expedite.

Thanks, Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What were the Min/Max package size settings? If your test doesn't exceed the minimum package size it won't use multiple work processes (the email's size has no effect on this). If you are sending large emails you may want to increase the Timeout Factor f. Send Requests.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

You are exactly right. Right after I posted this I realised that and went back to reading the sap documentation a second time I realised I had not set this parameter for min package size. It was earlier 20 (default) and I had only 15 emails in my test scenario so it was not using parallelization. I reduced that to 2 and then it started parallelizing it. I have not changed the default values of the time out parameter. I tested in quality and I am going to do this production shortly. Thank you for the response ! Appreciate it.

regards, Vikram

Answers (0)