cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR API - Java client code question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to create a communication channel using the directory API using the PI7.1 WSDL(tried to import wsdl from URL ; also tried from ESR ext def n manualy defining the binding). Implementation is using Java proxy.

The create() method of CommunicationChannelServiceVi expects a CommunicationChannelCreateChangeIn object as argument. Now this class doesnu2019t have a set method for the communicationChannel attribute. So I canu2019t see how we pass on the data to be used to create the communication channel, e.g communication channel name or description or other properties of it.

Could someone explain why is that / advice how to go about it please?

Treid with NWDS and Netbeans IDEs but get the same output.

Cheers

dan

PS: I have seen the documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/6dca42e5c269dfe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm and the blog(/people/william.li/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-1-of-3) by William, both of them are on PI7.0 so please donu2019t paste these links back

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to close the thread for long... sorry !

The reason why there isnu2019t a set method is that, the value we are trying to set is a List(the thought behind it is - if you are allowed to set it, you could essentially overwrite what is already in it).

There is a get method which will return a reference to the list, that can be used to add values.

cheers

danus