cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Proprietary OMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have any info on SAP proprietory OMS(Output Management System) ? I am sure there are external OMS but not sure of SAP OMS

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

none of SAP. various 3rd party products though, usually from printer vendors like OCE (but there are others, too).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may find more info at []

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this link already. Is there any way that we can achieve FAX through SAP OMS?

Edited by: Venkatesh Koukuntla on Dec 16, 2009 11:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not an OMS as in 'Output Management System'. this manages output from SAP with tools already known. A 'real' OMS like those 3rd party products has a lot of more functionality, like converting documents, building print-queues, designing forms as WYSIWYG, not fumble around with Smartforms and so on.

i dare not put a link to an OMS vendor here, but google it: from the usual suspects like HP to OCE you will find a couple less known but still capable.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can send faxes by configuring SCOT, now, you need a 3rd party FAX server to actually send the fax but SAP will transfer the info via SMTP.

You can find the info in the SMTP Guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

what exactly do you want to do?

you can setup faxing in SAP nicely, but after your fax has left transaction SCOT, where do you want it to go? do you have a 3rd party product like Topit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan. Do we have any proprietory solution of SAP for FAX and if we want to configure a printer to send fax to external vendors . Would that be possible?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I'm aware SAP does not provide fax capabilities on its own... as said before you depend on a 3rd party fax server to send them.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan. That answers my questions.