cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch MII workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try launching xMII Workbench, it starts the web start takes a long time and throws an error - Category: Download Error.

"More than one certificate used to sign resource: http://xxxxxxxxxx:0000/XMII/CMSLogicEditor/Lighthammer.jar";

Any clue what this error is about?

I am working on version 12.0 and cleared cache etc.,

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I realize this thread hasn't been updated in a few months, but we encountered this issue today so thought I'd reply and let you know what resolved it for us.

One of our MII developers was unable to launch the Workbench today and received the same error mentioned in the original post. This occurred after upgrading the NetWeaver 7.0 support packages from sp14 to sp21, and updating MII from v12.0 sp02 to sp09 patch 7.

I tried clearing the Internet Explorer browser cache, as well as the JRE cache, but it did not help - still received the same error message when launching Workbench. Then tried uninstalling JRE on the workstation and deleting all remnants from C:\Program files\Java directory, and re-installed it in our case v1.4.2-13. Still received the same error when attempting to launch Workbench. Tried clearing certificates from JRE and even tried importing the SAP AG certificate (exported from a working workstation), but still received the same error.

What ended up working was uninstalling JRE v1.4.2-13 from the workstation and installing a newer version of the JRE (I used 1.5-14). Now Workbench is launching with no errors.

I hope this is useful in case anyone else experiences this issue.

Best Regards.

Edited by: Steven Christensen on Apr 5, 2010 6:07 PM

0 Kudos

Steven,

Often folks (myself included) fix a problem, but don't let the rest of the community know how that was accomplished. Great follow through and a fine example for more of us to emulate.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must install jre 1.4.x into MII server.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest thing to do is to uninstall java from the client computer. Then reinstall the minimal required java and this should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I've experienced with a similar issue ( regarding a jar library ) . It was solved by clearing the IE cache and all temporary internet files.

Try it and let me know.

Regards,

roberto

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is some thing to do with Java/JRE.

This might help ..

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I had got this link when I searched for that error in google. However that didnt really help me.

Has anybody else come across this error in MII before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

I too faced the similar problem and then cleared the cache in JAVAWS,but it didn't work. Then I came to know that the antivirus is the culprit.Antivirus access protection was not allowing the jnlp to run. So check the same thing might be happening in your case.Try to add jnlp to your antivirus access protection list programs.

-Suresh