Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Database table across multiple SAP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on a requirement which is described as follows:

The requirement is to keep a database table in sync across 10 different SAP clients (for production, test systems etc.). So when the database table is modified in source SAP system, it has to be replicated across all the clients and table of other SAP systems.

So the queries from my side are:

1. Whether XI should be used here as a middleware or direct RFC calls can do the updation across the SAP systems?

2. If XI is to be used what would be the recommended approach (ABAP Proxy to ABAP Proxy communication?)

Hope you can recommend me the best options to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends on what tables are involved/ what type of data/what transactions cause the update.

If you know the table names - then database level replication may be an option u2013 many projects do refresh their QA system with production data for a very real test data. If not, a hard disk level mirroring may have to be considered.

There are other technologies like change pointers in conjunction with distribution model can also be considered - which could trigger idocs that can be sent to the other systems using ALE layer or ALE cum PI/XI

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should not involve XI for this because using RFCs will be faster because of R3 to R3 communication and secondly you don't have to go to design any objects in XI.

BUT, due to some reasons if you want to involve XI then in my opinion RFC to RFC will be the best approach.

Regards,

Sarvesh