cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC5.2 CC Background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've GRC5.2 CC running at our company but I encounter 2 issues which I hope to find answers:

1) Background jobs created by a user can only be view by the creator and is not visiable to others. I heard that its possible to actually allow others to view background jobs created by others. Anyone know which SP actually support that functionailty?

2) I have users scheduling background jobs (user analysis) on monthly basis but was surprising is that it does not start on the first work day of each month. I have created a background job to run on the 01/11 and schedule it to run monthly. It shows that after 01/11 job is ran, the next run is on the 01/12 (which is perfect). However, when the job is complete on the 01/12, it shows taht the next run is on the 31/12 (instead of 01/01). Anyone share the same situation?

I have plans to upgrade our GRC from 5.2 to 5.3, does anyone know if the above can actually be resolve with the GRC version upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help/comments !!

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The Background jobs treat a month as 30 days in the GRC 5.2 system which explains the job start dates for December.

I am not sure exactly which SP release the authorisations allow for greater control of the background job visibility but in 5.3 there is a specific action (Java authorisation) for ViewBGJobsForAllUsers which effectively means either you see everything or nothing!

In the ABAP world, you have much more control as you can either chosse to assign the users the S_ADMI_FCD and S_SPO_ACT authorisation objects to grant access to view others spool requests or not!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond

There are two places where you can see background job.. One is via

Informer tab : In here each user see only the background jobs schedulled by themselves

Configuration Tab : In here a user will see all the background jobs irrespective of who schedulled.

Hope this helps

Parveen