cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Standard Mappings(xslt/java)

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As part of the SNC 7.0 components for PI. We get a bunch of standard content.

This includes standard operational mappings between ECC IDocs and SNC Proxy structures.

Our requirement involves enhancing the IDocs and proxy's with new fields and mapping the same in PI.

Is there anyway to do this without editing the standard mapping code(java or xslt)?

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did the mappings from scratch using message mapping.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Our requirement involves enhancing the IDocs and proxy's with new fields and mapping the same in PI.
Is there anyway to do this without editing the standard mapping code(java or xslt)?

Can we not copy the mappings/ objects into another namespace (like we do for other objects....Right-click --> Copy Object) and then do the modifications as per our needs?

Regards,

Abhishek.

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses. As pointed out, the problem with copy or direct edit is that the SAP will no longer support the mapping code it provided. So I may add only two lines to the standard code, but what if the other 1000 lines have a bug?

I'm trying to figure out if there is an elegant way to add-on without modifying the code.

If not, then are there any recommended ways to go about editing the code? Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Harsh

PS: Some of the standard mappings are in xslt and others in Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure you can (and I wouldn't recommend it) edit SAP delivered content ... But you may use it as a "template" for your requirements ... Copy intfs, mappings etc, use structure appends when possible ! Extend intf mappings with additional mappings (java, graphical or xslt) to enrich data according to your business need ! Then call your own proxies etc ...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do the mappings accordingly. I don't think it is possible to edit standard mappings.

Regards,

Sarvesh