cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR objects transport from Dev to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed an interface in development box. All our IR objects of this interfaces are under software component version SAP APPL 500 in dev. Now we want to transport all our repository objects to quality system but under SAP APPL 640 SWCV.

Can anyone please tell us whether it is possible to created a mapping in SLD between these two SWCVs SAP APPL500-> SAP APPL604 so that when we transport the SAP APPL 500 objects , they are actualy moved to SAP APPL604 SWCV in quality.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagruthi,

Hi guess that isn't possible, I've never heard of that. I'd recommend you that you create a custo SWC and copy all the objects that you created in the SAP SWC, and transport the one that you created.

Regards,

Juan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I thik it is not possible directly. What you can do is first create you desired SWCV (APPL604) in Developlement system and then copy all your object from SAP APPL 500 to APPL604. Now you can move the objects to your QA APPL604 SWCV.

I never tried the above solution, but I guess it should do the trick.

Regards,

Sarvseh

Former Member
0 Kudos

well unless ofcourse you are brave enough to open the tpz file and manually edit the xml files in it before the import... but never ever do that ! That is just bad...lol

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> well unless ofcourse you are brave enough to open the tpz file and manually edit the xml files in it before the import... but never ever do that ! That is just bad...lol

Sorry I couldn't get you. BTW what is funny here, so that I can also enjoy that with lol.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh ,

What Chidambaram meant, was that when you are using the File Transport method, PI generates a TPZ file for every export you do, inside that file there is an XML that contains all the information about the involved components. So he said that you can modify that file if you are sure, but of course.. that isn't recommended at all.

regards,

Juan