cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a DC with a model to reuse in other DCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could anyone give me some inputs on how can I create a DC with a model that I can reuse in other DCs?

I have already created several types of models in "regular" Web Dynpro projects but now I am trying to migrate to Web Dynpro DCs and I am having dificulties creating a adaptative RFC model in a DC.

I have already read the documentation on WD DCs and though there is a Tutorial on How to use models with DCs the tutorial does not explain how to create it on the first place...

Thanks in advance

Diz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need to create a Web Dynpro type DC and then create your model as normal by importing from R3...

Then once yuo have all of your model classes you need to add the model to the public part of your DC.

You can then add that as a used DC within another DC, add the model into your data modeller and use it as necessary.

Hope this helps,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Another thing:

When I am adding a Used DC in the DC Metadata what dependecy types should I specify? Furthermore what runtime time qualifier?

Thanks

Diz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typicaly just specifying build time is enough to enable you to develop and deploy correctly. I've not had to choose anything else for the majority of developments I have worked on.

As for the runtime time qualifier, I've never specified anything here - simply leave it at default.

Hope this helps,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again thanks for your help...

I'm not able to "see" my model component in my main component.

I have already added the component usage in both:

DC Definition->Used DCs and

WDComponent -> Used Web Dynpro Components

Do you know what is the diference (in the WD explorer) between:

my DC -> Web Dynpro -> Wed Dynpro Component Interfaces

and

my DC -> Web Dynpro -> Web Dynpro Components -> MyComp -> Component Interface?

thanks once more

Diz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diz,

I suppose, you should exposed model nodes (bind model nodes to Component interface) and methods which operate on model to Component Interface in model DC and after that (and after build component of coures) you should see it in DC which use this model (in component interface too)

Regards

Bogdan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Diz!

If you want to create a local DC, open New -> Project -> Development Component Project, select Web Dynpro as Type and step through the Wizard by completing the necessary entries (name, package aso).

Afterwards, in WD Perspective create your Model as usual and the expose it via the DCs Public Part (right click on the node and again follow the wizard).

Finally, create a new DC Project of WD type, in DC Meta Data declare a Use Dependency to the first DC (Right Click on Used DCs), then in WD Perspective declare usage of the Model (node Used Models).

Regards,

Thomas