Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Industry - Dairy - Milk Cow Farming

yavuz_durgut
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of our large dairy customers in Turkey raised a question regarding SAP ERPu2019s capability for milk farming. We are looking for a similar process, either in SAP or non-SAP system. If you have some info on this (how it is done in SAP ECC or any 3rd party integrated software exists) or help me contact someone who can give me some information, I really appreciate. What I am looking for is milk cow breeding, farming functionality u2013 in more detail:

1- Integrated milking & milk software integrated to milking machine

2- Cow insurance software integrated to SAP ECC

3- Some software for veterinarian

4- Stable follow-up (movements of cows from one barn to another to be follow up

5- Lactation follow-up of cows (max delivery of a cow is 5)

6- Feeding and nutrition follow-up

7- Cow Flock projections u2013 year by year or in more detail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Yavuz,

I know a long time has passed since you posted your question, but i came accross it accidentally, and I see it has not been answered. Company that I work for, MK IT Business Solutions from Serbia, is curently finishing the development of our solution for dairy farms (one of our customers).

We used SAP ECC 6.0 and ABAP as platform for development.

1- Integrated milking & milk software integrated to milking machine

We integrated our solution with Dairy Plan from Westfalia

2- Cow insurance software integrated to SAP ECC

We integrated the solution with SAP asset management couse by serbian law cows are assets.

3- Some software for veterinarian

Comletely cowered and integrated to MM module to analyse the costs of tretmans and bull semen.

4- Stable follow-up (movements of cows from one barn to another to be follow up

Comletely cowered

5- Lactation follow-up of cows (max delivery of a cow is 5)

Comletely cowered

6- Feeding and nutrition follow-up

Comletely cowered and integrated to MM module to analyse the costs.

7- Cow Flock projections u2013 year by year or in more detail.

Comletely cowered.

0 Kudos

Hi Milan

4 years later,, well, Im in Mexico and I have to design something similar tan you have done

for this case, The solution architect has determinated than the cow, bulls and calfs should be Assets, Im not agree with that, but I have to accept that proposal,

but righ now I have a doubt,, If a new asset such a calf after a 2 month its value rise, so, there are a method to make the assets gain value?,, as depreciation opposite

thanks in advance