Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online transfer of data from lagacy System

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have one third party application which generates a flat file when ever the Purchage Requisiton is created in Legacy Application., We want to transfer this flat file data to SAP with XI and wants to generate there Purchase Requisition.

This flat file contains Material Number, Material Code, Material Text, etc,. Here the Material code is the master data (Which is a input help in SAP). Some times the flat file contains Material code which may not in SAP master data, How to overcome this problem.

Which Scenario I want to go through? Plz give your suggetions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggestions:

1. While uploading the data from SAP XI to SAP, make a call to SAP R3 and check if the Master data is existing, if yes then send the data and if no create a log file and send it back to legacy system .

Disadvantage. YOu will have to make a call to SAP R/3 system which will reduce performance.

2. Send the Data from SAP XI to R/3 without any check. SAP R/3 generates a log file and SAP XI sends back the details of rejected data.

Adv. Performance of XI better.

diadv. The complete cycle will take longer time and report needs to be written in R/3 to create this log file.

Regards

Vijaya

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

In sugession 1 - Is I want to check SAP R/3 contains master data <b>with RFC?,</b> So Can I go with file to RFC scenario.?

If I go with File to Idoc Scenario How I will know that Master data available in R/3. Which is best scenario?

regards,

Khaja.