cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new system in solution manager after configuring with solman_setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've configured the solution system with solman_setup. The solution manager itself is configured (all the configuration with the solman_setup transaction).

How can I add new systems now? With smsy? with the sld?

I have tried with sld, but I think this is not the right way. Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Ana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to all for your answers.

I have created my systems in the SLD http://<solman_ip>:50000/sld

Then I have executed the job that transfer the information between SLD and SMSY (rz70 - job LANDSCAPE FETCH) and I can see the systems in both sites. But, when I created the abap systems at SLD, it didn't asked for the database and now the system doesn't have database. How can i add the database? Does the syncronization works the other way round (from smsy to http SLD)?

Thanks and best regards,

Ana

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I also think that best solution to implement new systems is via SLD (of the SolMan system).

What to do?

Are the data of the new system in your SolMans SLD?

Yes - than you haveno problem. When running the job "landscape fetch" the data from your sld will be transferred to the solman. After that you should be able to see the system in smsy.

No - you have to tell your new system that it sends the data to the sld of the solman. When it is an abap system use transaction RZ70 to do that. If there is already an entry, goto to the sld described in RZ70 and forward this sld's data to your solmans SLD.

When having a JAVA Stack enter the local SLD and forward the data to the solman / SLD. Then start a landscape fetch 🐵

regards,

Martin

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, preferable way to add new system through SLD synchronization with Solution Manager.

Thanks,

Digesh

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I add new systems via SMSY and then assign them with my solution landscapes. Also you can schecule job for syncronisation with SLD.