Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Header missing

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario where we receive IDoc XML from partner and create IDocs from this ,in our system.

The problem is,in XI,this XML is seen without carriage return as XML header is missing in the XML.

Partner claims to have sent this header in their XML.

Where could it be missing?

the messages are exchanged via AS2

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Some setting in Biztalk was done on partner side and the issue was fixed

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the XML header is optional, you can accept the file even without the header. Or do you encounter any issues with that file?

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You are right.There is no problem with reception of such messages at XI.

Its just about readability of messages in SXI_MONITOR which we feel,seems to be important for us to investigate issues with this scenario.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Hi think that is very common that you see the XML, in a file, without carriage return. If you open it with an internet browser you must see the structure well seen.

I think that you have to check the file, if there is one, before XI picks it up, to see what's happening with the header.

Regards,

Juan.

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Thanks for the reply.

This file doesn't have a carriage return when seen in SXI_MONITOR and the reason is,it doesn't have

<?xml .... declaration.

Our partner has sent the original file via mail and it contains this XML declaration.

This communication is via AS2 and our partner uses BizTalk AS2 software.I tried to search for this and found that a number of people have reported this problem with BizTalk when XML declaration is stripped off while transmission.

So I suspect ,this is removed at BizTalk itself.

Kindly let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shweta,

I think that makes sense. What type of communication are you using for your inbound IDOC? Is it entering to PI via tRFC, or you're picking it up as a File?

rgds,

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

This is sent as a file over AS2 protocol.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I think that you have to check the file before it's picked up by PI. If there isn't the header you just have to tell to the guys that are sending it to the server to correct it.

Regards,

Juan