cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe interactive forms digital signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm try to get digital signature data from a signed PDF generated with Adobe interactive forms.

I want to know only if the PDF is signed or not. For the moment I'm not interesting about the CA.

When I call metod set_task_getsignatures a cx_fp_runtime_usage exception is raised.

If I try to test this operation with sample program FP_PDF_TEST_12 the following message is shown:

- ADS connection: "USAGE ERROR: SET_TASK_GETSIGNATURES"

- SECURE ADS connection: "SYSTEM ERROR: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: GetSigatures require a secure connection. Please install the high encryption PDF Manipulation service and enable SSL."

I found a note (https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1pdCZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=752153) that spoke about this problem.

Is this the only way for knowing if a PDF is signed or not?

Best regards,

Tommy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Tommaso,

just to fill this thread with a hint (as I faced the same problem) : check your SSL connection from NW AS ABAP. Particurarly check the Configuration of RFC connection in SM59 -> HTTP Connection to external systems -> ADS (by default). And there check, if you have done proper SSL enabled connection and also check the URL prefix - the secure one is "/AdobeDocumentServicesSec/Config?style=rpc".

Rgds Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a "Verify PDF Signature" operation to your process. This operation throws a "Signature Field Not Signed Exception" when attempting to validate an empty signature field. You could have your process then do something when this exception occurs.

The "Verify PDF Signature" operation requires the name of the signature fields as a property, if you know the signature field object name, then you could hard code this. If not, you can use the "Get Signature Field List" operation to query the form for all of the signature field object names on a form.

If your form has more than one signature field you will need to include a loop in your process to chech each of the signature fields for a signature.

I believe the best method is to prevent the submission of the form unless the signature field was signed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you solve this problem?

We are facing the same problem. Kindly help if you have solved this

Thanks in advance

Tajinder