Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPAP Approval

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got 2 questions to get clarified, answers from experts are appreciated.

Case 1.

Is there any option to maintain Quality Info Record at Corporate level. (Company code level, not required in plant level)

I am using status profile for PPAP approval process from >>>> Sample >>> Trial >>> Production Quantity. I know we can do this control through vendor info record. But in my case sample approval and Trial Approval should happen at corporate level. But Quality Info Record is a plant master.

Process Flow: Sample and Trial Parts will go to respective plants for inspection, but approval of these 2 stages should happen at corporate level based on feedback from plants. I am lookin for an option to maintain Quality Info Record at corporate level (company code level)

Case 2.

Inactive Vendor Re-Sample approval, if not active for last 2 years. How can I monitor supply of this vendor through standard SAP functionality in QM Module.

For any vendors who are not supplying for last 2 years needs to get there PPAP approval done again, even if this vendoris a regular part supplier previously.

Process Flow: Sample approved to Trial. Trial Approved to Production and was supplying regular parts. Last 2 years no supply from this vendor. Now he have to undergo sample approval cycle again. How can standard SAP monitor this and control this functionality.

Thx

VV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

closing thread, Requirement calls for a development. Suggetions from experts also considered.

Thanks to all.

Vineeth Varghese

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Case 1 : Not available at corporate level.

Case 2: Option 1: Create a purchasing info record for the vendor/material combination. In there you can specify under Supply Option the available from and available to date. You'd have to update these to continue ordering the material from the vendor after the "available from" date is reached.

Option 2: Create a Quality Info record - enter in the "release until" date. Material can be ordered up to that date only.

Option 3: Create a QM system called PPAP in config. In the material master QM view, require that all vendors have a PPAP QM system in the material master for ordering the material. Create a Qaulty Info reocrd. On the Insp. Control tab, record that the vendor has a PPAP system. Enter in a valid to date for their PPAP system. After that day, a warning is issued on RFQ's and error message are given on all other procurement activities.

Craig

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for your reply.

I think, I need to put it this way. I can give a release date for a vendor and can monitor vendor through that period. But issue here is, All Vendors who are not supplying for continuosly for 2 years have to go through PPAP process again.

eg:- Vendor is released till Jan 1st 2011. But he is not supplying from 1st Jan 2008 to 1st Jan 2010, means for last 2 years there is no supply from him. Now he requires new PPAP approval , so how can we monitor this in SAP. This is monitoring a released vendors last supply status. Do anything available in Std SAP.

Rgrds

VV

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. that makes it a little more clear. Once PPAP approval is given, it might be for say 3 years. But if during that period no orders are received in two years, the vendor has to be requalified again. Otherwise the approval/release is good for the whole three years.

No standard way to do this that I can see.

Really what you need is a place to store the maximum PAPP approval date. (comments section of the vendor master? A vendor classification characteristic?) Then after each GR for a material, extend the vendor release date in the related info record to the current date plus 2 yrs. But if that exceeds the maximum PAPP approval date then set it equal to the maximum PAPP approval date.

Probably have to use a user exit in the GR process somewhere to do that.

Craig