Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Copy a Non-unicode ECC 6.0 SR3 to WIN2008 and MSSQL2008

paulo_sousa3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning,

how can I make a homogeneous system copy of my NON-UNICODE ECC 6.0 (Nw 7.0 SR3) to a new machine running Windows Server 2008 and MSSQL 2008?

According to OSS note 1152240 to install SR3 on SQL2008 I have to generate and use a "SR3 modified installation master DVD".

My problem is that SR3 installation disk doesn't allow non-unicode installations.

Can I use SR2 installation disk, and modify it the some way I should do with SR3 installation disk?

Note 1054740 says "SAP products prior to NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 are not supported on Windows Server 2008", but I would

not run the SR2 system, just perform the installation and copy my "SR3 database" back. This should not be a problem as the

diference between SR2 and SR3 is at support package level. Is this correct?

Can the SR2 installation disk be changed in the some way of the SR3 disk, as described on note 1152240, and be used with

SQL2008?

Is there any way to move non-unicode ECC 6.0 to WIN2008 + SQL2008?

Thank you

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are copying you can create a NON Unicode system, The installation for NEW systems is only permited for Unicode but if you are using SAPInst for copying your system, then it will ask if you are copying an Unicode system or not and will left it Non Unicode in the Target. So you could copy your system with no problem I´m pretty sure about this because we are running some copies (8 systems) and we have non unicode systems and we are using SR3 master DVD.

Just do the chages to the master DVD so you could use it on Win2008

Have a nice day.

Answers (0)