Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in source inspection and inspecction lot status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing some problems:

1) Inspection lot: i have created inspections lot in the system but not able to create result or defect. Error message is coming that inspecction lot ststus is still CRTD (created). how to chnage the status of inspection lot.

2) I want to do the source inspection of material and my requiremnt is that whenever PO is created inspecction lot should be created automatically.

3) I am doing source inspection, and after PO inspection lot has been created. but still i am able to do teh GR for that PO. i want error if inspection lot created for source inspection is still open. GR should no be allowed. Also after GR extra inspection lot is getting created but i have selected the tick in info reccord for no GR,

please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HEllo

1) Please check what is the task list usage you are using for source inspection type and maintain the same in the Inspection plan

you may also check the following

A) Make sure that you have the following ticks in materail master for in Inspection setp for inspetion type

Auto assignment , Inspection with task list and check char

B) Make sure that the usage in the inspection plan header matches with the inspection type setting in config

QCC0>Quality inspection> inspection lot creation> maintain inspection type >inspection type usage

C) if the above settings are right then go to QA02

Put the inspection lot number > go to inspection spec > click on task list/ spec button> you will get a mesage that the task list is atttaced > Go to Sample tab > click on sample and save

2) you may use the backgroud program for creating the source inspection lot using QA51. by running this program for a frequency the lot will be created

3) System doesnt check if source inspection lot is open for GR. you will have to use the user exits in this case

May be you can use this note and block the invoice if the source inspection rejected or open - 162918

ALso please let me know what is the controls you have provided for source inspection in config

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem for inspection lot status has been solved. Thanks for yur help. the usage was different in task list and inspection lot. thanks

For second problem in source inspection if i reject the inspection lot system is not allowing me to do the GR for that material. But if the UD has not been done i am able to do the GR. Do i have to use some exit, no sap standard process is available.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your second case, no. If the source inspection lot is still open, SAP assumes you'll test the material upon arrival against the open lot.

If you decide it's bad, you can can use the UD to return the material to the vendor as if it never came on site.

Craig

Answers (0)