Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for special stock.

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure availability check for special stock(make to order and consignment sales). My question is why an availability check needs to be done for special stocks when the stock will be produced or procured specially for the "make to order" sales order or consignment sales order only and the available stock will be tied to the sales order(consignment sales or make to order sale)

I mean to say, in the make to order scenario, the goods are not available or are not in stock and are only produced when the sales order transfers the demand to MRP. so Why there is a need to do availibility check since when the stock is produces or procured it will be tied to consignment sales or make to order sale.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Irrespective of normal stock or Special stock --- Availability Check will happen.

Only during the returns there is no neccesity of Availability Check.

Reason:

Though the stock is maintained as special pertaining for a particular customer, the customer may ask the material in more than one delivery.

That is, over a period of time he may ask for every month he needs some X quantity and hence the reason you need to have Availability Check done by the system to ensure the customer about the Delivery. (Example considered here is Consignment Process)

Regards