Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Function Keys in WebDynpro

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to assign/alter the functions keys in a WebDynpro? I need to trigger an action if the users presses e.g. F2, F3, F4 or any other function key.

So is this possible at all or are those key strokes handled by the web-browser and not by the WD-application?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Check this thread.

thanks,

Padma

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for this answer.

I've seen this attribute before. The problem is, however, that the application should probably run on barcode scanners terminals which do not have and CTRL or SHIFT keys on their keyboard.

This mean that I need to handle plain F1-Fn keystrokes in the WebDynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i couldn't find any apt solution for the issue other than this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/84/fd8b41bce2a609e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

if any solution is found, do post the solution here.

thanks,

Padma

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi and thanks for this answer.

>

> I've seen this attribute before. The problem is, however, that the application should probably run on barcode scanners terminals which do not have and CTRL or SHIFT keys on their keyboard.

>

> This mean that I need to handle plain F1-Fn keystrokes in the WebDynpro.

You probably have larger problems then the lack of F-Keys. Web Dynpro ABAP doesn't support mobile rendering. Therefore unless your barcode scanners run full Internet Explorer or Firefox (not mobile device versions), the rendering won't work anyway. For ABAP based development for mobile devices, consider SAPConsole, ITSMobile or BSP based development.