cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many interfaces through same ASMA flow. Possible?

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts

I have 25 Idoc to File interfaces that each need an output filename based on payload - so I have used ASMA and a UDF on root for each of the interfaces, which also works.

The thing is now, that since the message attributes all comes from the IDOC EDI_DC40 segment, I want to optimize this approach, so all interfaces run through the same flow after their respective mapping and the UDF only needs to be maintained in this flow.

Is this at all possible?

All inputs are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have 25 Idoc to File interfaces that each need an output filename based on payload - so I have used ASMA and a UDF on 
root for each of the interfaces, which also works.

The above indicates that you have 25 different interfaces, each implementing its own Dynamic Configuration UDF.....this part working fine.

The thing is now, that since the message attributes all comes from the IDOC EDI_DC40 segment, I want to optimize this 
approach, so all interfaces run through the same flow after their respective mapping and the UDF only needs to be maintained in 
this flow.

The above indicates that you have one sender IDOC (interface) and creating 25 files......so you now intend to change the design approach and have a multimapping 1:25 ..... and now here you intend to use the Dynamic Configuration UDF.....if this is the idea the please make a note that Dynamic Configuration does not work for multimappings....you have to maintain separate flows if you intend to use dynamic config.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Yes UDF and ASMA for eah interface works fine, but no I am having 25 IDOC types that should create 25 files. My thought was that each mapping of idoc should run as usual, but after each individual mapping they should run through some kind of ASMA hub taking payload from the common EDI_DC40 segment. I know the root element is different pr. IDOC type, so maybe this is where the problem comes in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since all 25 (or may be some of them) will be of different type of IDOCs and because of that you cannot use a generic design in IR & ID. And again you are using MM, So in my opinion it is not possible. You have to create 25 different scenarios. (If I have understood your question correctly)

Regards,

Sarvesh

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

Thanks for the quick reply and yes you understood it correctly.

What if I am not using MM, but instead XSLT or Java mapping. Would it then be possible to make generic design. E.g. Java code leaving root and body alone, but only derive the message attributes from payload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Yes.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

>>What if I am not using MM, but instead XSLT or Java mapping. Would it then be possible to make generic design. E.g. Java code leaving root and body alone, but only derive the message attributes from payload?

XSLT or java mapping might not be able to help you here as the source structure changes every time, so even if you try to consider all cases, maintenance wise this will be a burden. Instead better to have individual scenario or try to club the ones with similar sender IDocs

Regards

Suraj