cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Confiuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did Alert configuration in my DEV and QA system here alert configuration is working fine. then i transported this configuration to Production system.

I created Alert Configuration/ Alert rules. I checked in SOST alerts are not generated. for this RSALERTTEST run the program then i selected my alert category i send alert i am getting alert but when the message is failed in XI on that time i am not getting alerts.

then i checked in SLG1 here alerts are not generating.

In my alert configuration i am maintaing some users to get alerts. but they are not getting the alerts to there in Alert inboxes. for this I am maintain subscription authorization in ALRTCATDEF with Z_XI_MONITOR.

my question is alert Subscribtaion users what kind of authorization is required.

I am trying to subscribe the Alert categories under RWB. but it is not happening.

Even alerts also not generationg...

thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

na

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have created a proper Alert Rule in RWB and the checkbox Suppress multiple alerts of this Rule is unchecked also Alert Rule is Active.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhi,

Can i select Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule or not.

currently i checked only Rule Activate. i didn't checked Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule.

thanks

Srinivas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i didn't checked Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule

Yes, it should be fine

The above option is to be checked when you think you will receive multiple alerts (say in case you know receiver system is down and you dont want to get the alerts for each unsuccessful try you check this option).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhi,

I tried with Checked and uncheked Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule. still it was not working.

I cheked in SOST alerts are not generated.

Even i treid with SLG1 here also alerts are not generated.

I checked my alert rules using RSALERTTEST. here i am able to generate alerts.

can you help me on this please

thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is alerts not working only for this interface or for other interfaces too..

if for all then check the configuration of the SMTP in SCOT transaction and test the route and the domain configured there...

search SDN for the michael blogs for troubleshooting the same

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes i configured the SMTP. but here i want the alert in My Alertinbox of RWB only...

I selecting Subscribtion option in RWB--> Alert inbox. here i am not able to see my alert category.

I maintained my user name in ALRTCATDEF>GOTO-> Subscribtion Authorization under this i maintained sum of the users. this users must have the authorization role right? I am maointaing Z_XI_ALERT role here..

thanks

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Dec 15, 2009 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you see the below role maintained for users

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER ..

Check whether Z_XI_ROLES contain the above service user role

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,

that users having the roles what maintained you above.. still they are not getting alerts..

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Dec 15, 2009 11:12 AM