cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer from SQLDB to SAP R/3 without JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest the possible methods of transferring data from SQLDB to SAP R/3 without using a JDBC adapter at sender side.

Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KKC242 ,

Please suggest the possible methods of transferring data from SQLDB to SAP R/3 without using a JDBC adapter at sender side.

-

> Data links can work..but not recommended..and that too will be with out using PI.

any way we hav eto connect to the database...even without adapter..by using a OLEDB/JDBC connector...in VB.. an dsend it across to PI

Regards ,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with client JAVA Proxy,here also you need to write a programming like conecting to data base,opening connection,writing query to retrieve data from Database.

You need to deploy drivers for JAVA Proxy.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can i have webservices created on SQLDB end and use ABAP client proxy at SAP R/3 for this scenario?

Regards,

Kalyan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Receiver side, you can use ABAP Proxy or RFC/IDoc adapter to send data no issues on this,

i am not sure webservice will work ,what is the requirement,why you want go for other laternatives instead of JDBC Adapter?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

There was an architectural principle laid out not to update or retrieve from databases directly..Rather use webservices to align to ESOA methodology.

As a result we have been using webservices for all kinds of communication between systems

Regards,

Kalyan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware of that,could you please share the link.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Architectural decision i was referring to was at our project level. Hope this clarifies ur query

Regards,

Kalyan