cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Report for Unapproved Travel Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two specific requirements. Please let me know if there is any USER EXIT or BADI that can help in achieving this

1. An employee should not be able to create just a travel expense report. There has to be a travel request in corresponding to which the employee should be able to create a travel expense report.

2. An employee should only be able to create a travel expense report in connection to an APPROVED travel request. The system should not allow the employee to save a travel expense report that has been created for a request which has NOT been approved

Let me know if this can be achieved

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

look to authorization objects of travel management. only allow certain status where the traveler can change, create a trip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I tried with the Authorization Object P_TRAVL. First and foremost to create a travel request you need to have W_ _.I gave that.

But to save a travel request you need W30. I gave that.Till now it was ok. System was not allowing to create a travel expense report because the request was not approved. But there can be a possibility that employee needs to change the saved request again before it gets approved. Hence for that W11 was required. I gave it. This caused the problem. I am able to change the saved request, but at the same time the expense report can also be created.

So this does not help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I tried with the Authorization Object P_TRAVL. First and foremost to create a travel request you need to have W_ _.I gave that.

But to save a travel request you need W30. I gave that.Till now it was ok. System was not allowing to create a travel expense report because the request was not approved. But there can be a possibility that employee needs to change the saved request again before it gets approved. Hence for that W11 was required. I gave it. This caused the problem. I am able to change the saved request, but at the same time the expense report can also be created.

So this does not help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to use W11 and W22 - Also you have to set up the case to "view all data".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I mentioned. You give W11 and and the purpose of not able to create an expense report for an unapproved travel request is lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I mentioned. You give W11 and and the purpose of not able to create an expense report for an unapproved travel request is lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well achieve this, you need to enchance the coding in Webdynpro application.

I have done this at my client place.

Webdynpro application : FITE_VC_PRESELECTION

Then Goto component controller and goto method CREATE. Here you can do the coding for placing validation.

Definatly this would solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree

Actually I was also thinking on that lines.

It will be really helpful if you can send the code to me. You can paste it here or better you can send ascreenshot in my contact that is there in the B card

Thanks

Answers (0)