cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Cluster, Problem with File Adapter polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently added two Java Server processes to our XI 3 server. We are now running three java server processes on the same machine. This was done to make use of all the available memory in the machine, and to allow for better parrallel processing.

Today I noticed that all Sender File Adapters which are polling a FTP server are actually also instantiated in all the three java server processes.

This would not be a problem if the sheduler which is responsible for the periodic polling was smart enough to only start the polling within one Sender File Adapter/Java Server, but it seems like the sheduler actually runs within the Java Server process?

This means that all three java servers are polling our FTP server at almost exactly the same time (the same interface/communication channel)! This is bound to lead to problems!

What is the correct solution for this? Is it possible to disable the Sender File adapters within two of the Java Server processes? This would seem like a bad solution since this would kill the redundancy. Is XI really designed so badly that the sheduler is not able to start the polling only within one Java Server process after each polling interval?

Are there any other supprises when adding Java Server processes to XI that I should know about?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 734931 gives effects of cluster on different adapters.

For file adapter look at Q 4 in SAP Note: 821267

Hope this helps.

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Note 821267 says:

-

Initially, make sure that you do NOT use the processing mode "Test" for your File Sender channel. This mode is intended to be used only for testing purposes and is not guaranteed to work in a cluster environment.

Additionally, activate the "Advanced Mode" for the respective sender channel or upgrade to XI 3.0 SP11 Patch Level 2 or XI 3.0 SP12. PI 7.0 is not affected. No further configuration changes are necessary."

-

We were not using processing mode "Test", and our SP version is 15, so according to this everything should have worked without any action required, but it doesn't. I did now activate the "Advanced Mode" for all communication channels, but does activating "Advanced Mode" without giving any additional parameters really do anything? I thought "Advanced Mode" was only used for supplying additional parameters to the adapter.

Thanks,

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Did you come up with a final answer for what to do in this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

We have the same problem (XI 3.0 SP 17)

It is recommended to set parameter clusterSyncMode to true in Advanced Mode.

But this parameter is only available from SP 19 onwards.

Kindly let us know if you find a solution to this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

XI AF scheduler is known to have some problems in a cluster enviornment. Check this note

Note 1355715 - AF Scheduler to avoid using cluster communication

there is new parameter introduced which wll change the behavior, it may help to solve your problem.

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I recommend you see the SP Note 801926. there is a description of the additional Advance parameters.