Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Content Server configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have ECC 6.0 with Oracle and Unix.

We have completed the SAP Content Server installation with MaxDB and Windows. We now have to configure Content Server side and ECC side configuration to ensure DMS/Archive Link documents are stored in the Content Server.

However, we couldnt find a single process or help documents on SAP service market place or SDN that can guide us in completing the Content Server configuration.

It would be quite helpful, if any of you can provide us step-by-step how-to guides or Best Practices documents on configuring Content Server with ECC system.

Thanking you in advance,

Best regards

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to proceed further and start the Content Server on IIS Manager. However, the URL used to test whether the content server is accessible or not, is still giving me the error: the page cannot be found !!

I am not sure what would be the impact of it.

Shall I go ahead with creating repositories?

Best regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

If the url is not woking then it implies there is something wrong in the installation.

Check with it again before proceeding further.

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

If the url is not woking then it implies there is something wrong in the installation.

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have installed the SAP Content Server 6.40 on Windows.

The SAP_Content_Server website on Internet Information Services Manager was showing stopped. When I try to start it, it gives the message " The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have deleted the website SAP_Content_Server and created the website again using the context menu of IIS Manager. Even that has not helped and I was getting the same messsage as above.

We have restarted the Windows system, and now the Content Server is started by default.

However, the URL http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

was giving the error - The page cannot be found / HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Also, after I have created a content repository in ECC development system, the send certificate option gives error - HTTP error: 501 Not Implemented. In CSADMIN, HTTP error: 404 Not Found.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Abdul

Edited by: AbdulAccenture on Dec 16, 2009 11:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install the server with local machine admin rights AND local network admin rights? The content server requires both for installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

I was able to move forward.

However, I am getting the message

HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) "CreateTab ContentStorage, connect error SQLConnect failed, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data s

Message no. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

500 (Internal Server Error)

"CreateTab ContentStorage, connect error SQLConnect failed, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data s

I have checked so many notes and applied all the changes, but none of them have helped.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Can you post what it it you did to resolve the URL issue?

Regards,

Eduardo

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul

Please post the solution, step by step here. It'll be definitely useful for many people here.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

0 Kudos

Hi Abdhul,

It is good to hear, that you could have resolved "HTTP error : 404 Not Found" problem. I am getting the same error, can you please provide me the solution. We have ECC EHP 1 on AIX and Content Server on Windows 2003.

Appreciate your response...

Thanks

Krishna