cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create copy of Std inspection type 08 (Stock transfer inspection)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

I have created a copy of std inspection type 08 as Z08CP. I have made all the relevant assigments in IMG such as Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types, Default values, etc.

During my unit testing I did use the newly created Z08CP but I have noticed I keep getting the error message " Change the inspection stock of material XXXXX in QM only" BUT THE MOMENT I SWITCHED THE MATERIALS MASTER BACK TO inspection type 08 the problem is gone. Only when I have the std inspection type in the material master I am allow it to post a MB1b (322) and created the inpscetion lot in the background

Weird !!

Any ideas.

Regards,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

it is std. setting im IMG , if plant level setting Insp TypeForInspStock -0800 is active in tab Insp. lot creation.

System creates background lot if you activated Post to inspection stock and then actived 08 inspection.and showing error what yiou described. pl revert for better clarity.

OR

in SAP language :

The system creates inspection lots using the inspection type entered here, if quality inspection stock is available when a stock-relevant inspection type is activated. This applies to quality inspection stock, which is not managed by inspection lots

When activating using transaction QA08 "Mass change of QM inspection setup", inspection lots are created in the background that manage the already available inspection stock.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me see if i understand exactly what you guys are saying.

Following entries have been made in IMG

1. Plant dependent QM settings. Inspection Type for Available Stock in Quality Inspection field is empty

2. Maintain Inspection types: Created Z08CP as copy of 08

3. Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types. For lot origin 08. created the following relationship

Lot Origin 08

01 08 Stock transfer inspection

02 Z08CP Prod Defect: Stock transfer inspection

4. Default values for inspection type. Copied default values from 08 to Z08CP

Note i did not make any changes to IMG section "Inspection for Goods Movements"

I tried again and same error was displayed. what is that I am missing here?

Regards,

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the material master activate BOTH the 08 and Z08CP inspection types. Mark the Z08CP inspection type as preferred.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we use our own Inspection Type copying from Standard Inspection Types, Preferred Insp. Indicator must be marked in the Insp. Setup Tab after Activate Indicator.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mauricio

When using Z08CP tick the preferred indicator in the inspection setup in the qm view

Regards

Gajesh