Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Java and AppleScript Editor

AB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm running SAPGUI for Java 7.10 rev 9 with Mac OS X Version 10.6.2.

Some SAP documentation talks about using Apple Script to script the SAPGUI. e.g. Link: [Scripting User Guide|http://www.synactive.com/download/sap gui scripting/sap gui scripting userguide.pdf]

Questions:

(1) In my SAPGUI application menu bar, the menu path Scripts -> Apple Script Editor is greyed out. Any ideas how to enable? Is scripting with Apple Script still supported?

(2) How do I import the dictionary into the Apple Script Editor. Drag and Drop the SAPGUI application doesn't seem to work.

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this is an old post but thought I'd pass along info for anyone else on the forum who is a Mac user (no, I'm NOT a PC

I run both Leopard and Snow Leopard and have noticed that the AppleScript dictionary for SAP GUI will open on 10.5 but not on 10.6, hopefully there is a fix for this soon as it is kind of a pain. So I just ended up saving a PDF of the dictionary from 10.5 to use when I'm running 10.6.

SAP is, however, an AppleScript "recordable" application and this functionality works I'm both 10.5 and 10.6 so that's what I've been doing. To use this functionality, just open the AppleScript Editor app and click the "Record" button in the Editor's toolbar. Then perform the functions you want to script and the syntax will be entered in the AppleScript Editor window.

Edited by: Nate Hamilton on May 21, 2010 6:49 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Answers to your questions:

1. To enable the SAP GUI Scripting option, ensure the SAP GUI Scripting parameter is enabled in Options > Scripting tab.

You can press ALT-F12 to bring Options menu.

If it is enabled/ticked and still you are facing problem, kindly check with SAP System Adminstrator who may enable SAP GUI Scripting by setting sapgui/user_scripting profile parameter.

2. You can refer the same Scripting User Guide "AppleScript dictionary for SAP GUI" section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikas